An Essential Human Need
Did you know feeling SIGNIFICANT is one of the most crucial needs of being a human being according to Dale Carnegie.
As humans we need to feel important, valued and special in some way. If we don't we can act out in both positive and negative ways to get attention.
We can get significance through our degrees, hairstyle, personality or even sadly through the use of a gun.
As I ponder humans need for significance, I'm going to choose to be more present with my loved ones, friends, clients and acquaintances.
Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Put down your cell phone when you are with family or friends. Especially when out dining.
- Acknowledge others unique qualities that makes them stand outside of the crowd.
- Voice daily how much you appreciate them, how much you truly love them and tell them you don't take them for granted.
- And mean it!
To put the cherry on top of every relationship you can also use zen master Thich Nhat Hanh favorite mantras of deep presence which are:
- "Darling, I am here for you."
- "Darling, I know you are there."
With all this significance talk, I want to tell you how much I appreciate you coming to my website and reading my blogs! I find you deeply valuable in my life because we are kindred spirits in leading a more conscious and loving life! All my love, Susan